Last month I had the awesome opportunity to attend a coach training event with 180 financial coaches. Enrichment 2018 was held in Nashville at Dave Ramsey’s Headquarters! Above is a photo of me on a coach’s panel sharing some of my professional experience and knowledge with my fellow coaches. I promise you I spoke but this was the best picture I have of the entire panel... :) It was exciting to be back in beautiful Nashville and exhilarating to attend a training led by the top finance guru in the country!
Here’s why this means so much. Nearly 19 years ago my husband, Chris, found Dave Ramsey on the radio while driving to work. We were deeply in debt at the time and making dumb financial decisions. When Chris began to listen to Dave and shared what he learned with me, our eyes were opened. We were tired of being broke people who went to work and faked it every day. Routinely I thought that I made too much money to have nothing to show for it. Finally, we decided to host a Financial Peace University class and invited all our friends to join us. Over the next 5 years we paid off nearly $100,000 in debt!! Because of that experience I wanted to help other people do the same thing. In 2005 I started Tailor-Made Budgets and went to Nashville for official training in 2006. I travelled back in 2010 for an Enrichment training experience just like this one but I haven’t seen that beautiful green Tennessee landscape since then.
I’ve been in the trenches of coaching for 13 years and have worked with hundreds of clients, but everyone needs to refuel, enhance their skills, and sharpen iron with like-minded individuals. That is exactly what this training did for me. Since I’ve been in the game for a while, I was asked to be on a panel of coaches and share some best practices that have made a difference in my coaching business. What an honor that was! It isn’t every day that you have the opportunity to be on the same stage that Dave Ramsey teaches on! We also had some amazing sessions with Christy Wright, Chris Hogan, Donald Miller, and Dr. Henry Cloud.
There is no way I can sum up the entire training experience in one blog post, but I will share a few highlights that stood out to me while at Enrichment 2018.
- Be intentional in everything you do. If you think you can wander around and reach goals you are wrong. You must prepare and then ACT. - Dave Ramsey
- Create goals centered around your career, social, financial, spiritual, physical, intellectual, and family aspirations. If you ignore any one of these areas it will affect another. - Dave Ramsey
- People are watching you so always live with integrity. - Chris Hogan
- Learn from your mistakes and adjust where necessary to serve people better. Be authentic in the process. - Chris Hogan
- Confidence is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it becomes. - Christy Wright
- Good supportive relationships are an essential component to building better boundaries. - Dr. Henry Cloud, That is what I strive to provide in each coaching session.
- A coach is a guide, cheerleader, and mentor not a superhero. It is my job as the coach to make YOU the hero of your own winning financial story. - Donald Miller
I’m definitely attending Enrichment 2019 next year and I can’t wait to see what nuggets I will bring home then. For now, I’d love to help you reach your fullest financial potential. If you are interested in…
1. Getting unstuck financially
2. Understanding the best path to debt-freedom
3. And avoiding money pitfalls
… reply to this email or check out my calendar here to find a 30-minute time to chat that works for you!