You have options!
Are you stuck in a financial rut and feel like there is no way out? Do you wonder how everyone else is making it? Here’s the deal. I know you make good money. You work hard. You have what you need and most of what you want but you are not getting ahead financially. What is the problem here?
For many people, seeing no way out holds them back from ever getting where they want to be. When I sit down and talk with my potential clients for the 1st time during our Debt-Free Breakthrough Session “I see OPTIONS!” And many times you have more options than you think. Here are a few for you to ponder…
1. Increasing your income with a side business or a part-time job. Yes I know this is uncomfortable and a time commitment but in the end it helps you get where you need to be faster.
2. Selling something. We all have more stuff than we need. Someone always needs something we have and now is the time to make that connection. Use craigslist.com, ebay.com, or just have a garage sale! More money in your pocket leads to more peace.
3. Does someone owe you money? The government is included in this question. If someone owes you money can you change the terms and increase their payments? Can you adjust your withholdings so you get more in your paycheck if you always get a refund? Why give the government a loan when you need the money right now?
4. Do you have a car payment? I know you are grumbling about this right now but car payments suck our futures away. When you are looking for ways to increase you income and decrease your outgo this is the perfect place. Sell your car and get one that you can pay cash for or have a payment for less than 1 year. This is a short-term sacrifice for a long-term gain.
5. Can you barter services to get things you need without paying financially? This concept is huge because you can get exactly what you want and need without it affecting your budget.
These are just a few of the options that I see regularly. You may not want to do any of them because they are painful, but I never said they were attractive. I just said they were options. Options prove that there is more than one way to get to your end goal. Now you must choose which one you will commit to and get to work. If you aren’t willing to CHOOSE then I would question… “How bad do you want it?”
If you would like me to consider your personal options book your complimentary Debt-Free Breakthrough Session NOW!
Ok so I’m going to tell on my family today. A few years ago, I confided in a friend of mine that my daughter was not obeying me immediately when I asked her to do something. Time and time again, I’d tell her something and she’d not take it seriously or conveniently “forget.” For those of you who know my girls don’t try to figure out which one it was because they have both behaved like this at some point. The point is that we all have. I truly believe that the bible is the divinely inspired word of God and it says “train up a child in the way that he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.” So when my friend told me that training requires you to repeat the process over and over again I sank in frustration. I mean who really wants to repeat themselves 5,000 times before a kid gets the point?! I just wanted to tell my daughters what to do and then have them actually do it right then. What is so hard about that? Nothing really if you’ve been trained!
Here’s the definition of train:
to develop or form the habits, thoughts, or behavior of (a child or other person) by discipline and instruction
My daughters are in the middle of being trained to do what we ask, learn personal responsibility, and eventually initiate good behaviors on their own. So to expect them to get it right on the 1st try is unrealistic. Training takes time, repetition and discipline. Here’s the thing. We all need training in an area or two. My clients come to me because they need training in tracking their spending, creating and living by a budget, as well as learning how to get out of debt. It takes repetition to make anything a habit you do without thinking. Budgeting is no different. If managing your money has been hard for you until now here’s what I want you to do. Breathe… and try again. Maybe you need a coach on your team to help you avoid pitfalls and hold you accountable. Maybe you need to take a class that will give you the instruction you need to finally be successful. Or maybe you simply need to decide that 2013 is the year you will commit to being consistent.
If this has resonated with you and you are ready to make some things happen in 2013. I want to hear from you! Email me today. I also want you to take action.
Next Thursday January 31st, 2013 at 7pm EST I am having an Encore call for “The 10 Reasons You “Don’t Have Enough” and the Key Ingredients to “Having More Than Enough.”
I received such a great response that I am doing it again! I will also be offering a special gift for those on the call… so register today. If you registered for it already I have you on my list and you will receive the call-in info. “See” you on the call!